This week’s new features
- A figure layout can now be chosen, allowing figures to have multiple panels.
- Figure styles can be applied and edited, allowing borders, spacing, labels and caption position to be customised.
- Table styles can be applied and edited, allowing borders and caption position to be customised.
- Labels for figures, tables, equations and code listings can now be customised.
- Named inline styles can be applied to ranges of text, to give them custom styles.
- Metadata (title, author, affiliations and abstract) is now automatically extracted from DOCX files on import, where possible.
- The width of a figure can be restricted to a certain percentage of the page width.
- Page breaks can be added before and/or after each section.
Improvements and bug fixes
- Many small improvements to the user interface are included in this update.
- Bundled data (styles, contributor roles, etc) and a default citation style are now added to manuscripts created by importing files.
- The JSON in exported Manuscripts Archive (.manuproj) files is now indented.
- GIF and WEBP have been added to the acceptable formats for header images.